Sunday, May 15, 2016

Two Sides to One Story

Wow! From me writing the last entry to then so many things happened in such a short time.

First off, it appears that a friend of mine house got broken into. It was sad to hear cause I can only imagine how scary that can be. I wish I was closer to where I could help him out, but I am not. I can only send a prayer up that this shall pass. To look on the bright side, he still has his life. Luckily he was not at home while it was happening. It was hard to hear how distraught, but I know things will get better. I will do my part to check up and all.

I guess the main thing that got my heart is the state that my sister currently is in. It almost feels like she is so close to a breaking point. What happens when someone reaches a breaking point? It is so hard hearing all the struggles that she has with her relationships and her kids. Guess things like this is bound to happen when you lack love from home or immediate family. So one way to compensate is by finding someone that you hope can provide you that love that you feel you never received or require. There is a book about this kind of analysis of relationships and how we choose mates that reflect or relate to people we have encountered in our life. It is called "Getting The Love You Want" by Harville Hendrix.A good read if you have the time.

I wish I could be there and help her but I cannot. I am miles away to be of any real help except a listening ear and a virtual shoulder to cry on. She had to get rid of her baby daddy for her own sake. What she shared with me was the fact that he was verbally abusive and an alcoholic drunk. Oh by the way she mentioned he was cheating on her with various women as he always hit the bar. Not sure if she necessarily caught him in the "sexual act" but she felt she had enough evidence as she went through the phone and seen all the conversations with women and incriminating evidence. Him being a 44 year old man that had brought a baby girl into the world should understand that he would never want his daughter to go through such similar situations in regards to love. What parent that cares would allow their child to get hurt by some random stranger that claims they are in love. Be it the stranger has an ulterior motive to get what they can out of the person which varies from sex, money, self esteem, power, or some other stupid form of gratification.

It is very sad that she has to go through this but I really think she is going through her time of a breakthrough. The only way of her getting out of this drama is to realize she truly has the power and the option to choose her path. She can remain a victim and continue to be at people's mercy due to their emotional or mental state or she could choose to be happy. She has to define what happiness means to her. I would think that at this moment that she would reflect on all the choices that she has made in her life that led her to this current point. I feel she should let her kids go and love them from a distance. It is unfortunate that they are going through what they are going through as far as manipulation of their father and wrapped up in the material things in love instead of true love of a mother. They will realize one day that material things will only get them so far as it comes and goes. Sad that my youngest nephew already dealing with court cases and following in the footsteps of his father.........weed,,,,drug possessions and the law. I pray that he does not become a jail statistic due to following his fathers footsteps. Now my niece is in school fighting? She was so innocent and so nice when she was younger but without having her mothers love and understanding that she is a victim of her father......a pawn ......all of them a pawn to get back at my mom......."that" they will never understand until they are older. I just hope that one day they find their way back.

My sister really needs to focus on herself and just pray for her 3 kids that went astray. As for her current child, she just need to learn from the previous experience to ensure her 2 year old daughter does not get caught up in the same manipulation. Even the issues of the current baby father does not have to be a repeat of what has happened with the other kids father. I just hope she makes the better choice for her child and herself.

Still sad that I do not think my mother is in the state to even help, console, and provide advice to move forward. Better yet, she is not even talking to me. It sucks, but these are the tings that keep me up at night. I guess I always end up absorbing the pain of others and somehow they form as a part of my pain and my stress. I wish there was a way to really let go of my concerns and the pain I feel at times. One day, I will learn how......hopefully before it all consumes me.

No comments: