Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Put me to Bed .. Bed .. Bed !

So I have been listening to the many songs of J. Holiday and have come to really enjoy the track entitled "Bed". It is like one of them "at ease" or "hush and listen" type songs. Leads to me to think of when the last time someone actually put me to bed? Hmmm.....?

Truthfully though, when I think of this song, I think about just holding someone or even them holding me in a way of totally security. Beforehand, have candles burning on the sideline while receiving a full body massage with timely nibbles on the left ear. Feeling the warmth of ........
well you somewhat get a picture of what I am getting at.

Do we take things for granted? When is the last time true foreplay has led to sex. I am talking about when two people are feeling the mood and really into each other to a point where nothing else around them exists. Passionate kissing.....grabbing.....looks of sincerity.....where has it all gone. Is it that when we finally get what we want in life, do we take it for granted as if we never wanted or needed anything at all? For people have actually have a significant other, when is the last time you went out on an actual date? Do the "I love you's" simmer down? Do the quality time to engage in each other begin to diminish? Wait....let me go back to dating? Do people actually even date anymore or are we to the point where a first date involves sex on the first night. I ain't saying that sex is bad by all means, but damn I guess times change huh?

2 comments:

Tyson said...

I remember those days. It is thoughts like your that remind me why I love "love". There is nothing more fulfilling than being held and shown affection (not even sex) just passion. I am anxious to be put Bed.. Bed.. Bed..

Anonymous said...

In todays society, SEX is commonly viewd as a hobby and predominately used as a control mechanism. Sure the feeling of being held and passionate gestures and kisses can make a couple feel nothing else exists...however what happens AFTER THAT!?!?!? Maybe at the peak of the orgasm, those feelings dissapate just as the libido. People look to explore and erotic experiences increase the blodflow and heighten the thrill one seeks. But then what after that??? This is why dating isnt as common. If people are only looking for a thrill rather than love...which is something that is truly harder to find....than allowing it to find you. Why date??? SEX is worse than a drug and definitely a concealed weapon! BUT I LOVE IT!!!