Sunday, September 16, 2007

Florida to End the Summer

So I went on a trip to Miami Beach, Florida to get away and forget about all the stress that I was currently facing. A planned trip for the Labor day weekend is what made me appreciate where I am in life currently. A five day weekend, just me and my dude. I realized that even though he can get on my nerves at times, he does balance me on the qualities I do not possess.

To detail the trip though, I thought I was balla status the whole time. Spending money here and there, just making the best time out of 5 days away from work and without being bothered with money hungry family members. I got a massage (water massage), went on a couple of tours of Miami to see all the celebrity homes and hot spots, had some expensive gourmet chef made meals, and chilled on the beach to top off this whole vacation. I feel it was well deserved I feel. I mean there's nothing wrong with treating yourself and a loved one to a good time every now and then. I mean people sometimes need to get away to clear the dome right?

So to get to the interesting part. This was a chance to not only get away, but to go to a type of club I wouldn't regularly go to in my own area. I mean really I haven't even been to many clubs period before so I am still trying to understand the excitement of the scene. So I got put up on a club called clubboi. Very interesting name and the location was even wild. It was just off the freeway in the hood. Yo, it couldn't have been a better location. On the real....it was ghetto, but interesting ghetto, you got ya preps and pretty boyz, the thugs, the drag queens, the thugged out drag queens, and well I am sure of you get the drift. Then there was me added to this crowd of people. Eyes wide open, against the wall as if there was a secret killer in the club out to get me and the wall was my only place of refuge to hide. However, after a few vodka and cranberry drinks, I took the hand of my dude and went to the dance floor and acted as if it was just me and him out there enjoying the music and having fun. The DJ was playing all the hits and the "what's hot"....with me being a music lover and all that shit was all good. It was also that exact moment that all the weight on my shoulders suddenly and the stress of the world went away. I was enjoying myself and having fun, just my dude and I.

4 comments:

ThisMightBeMe said...

Sounded like a good time.

the~enigma said...

Oh trust me....it was....

bLaQ~n~MiLD said...

LMAO. I keep forgetting you've never really gone out to the clubs like that. I've heard of that 'Club Boi' spot before. I catch it one day but I'm sure I won't be impressed given the spots I've been to up here. Glad you had fun tho and look at you BIG BALLER!!!! LoL

Anonymous said...

I didnt know how to respond to this one...!