Monday, September 24, 2007

Party for 1......Make that 4.....

Well, it's like this.......I had been told long ago I had other sisters and brothers out there, but I have no idea where to find them. So the thought that I have family out there that I have no clue where they are or what they look like or if they even know about me bothers me so very much. Today, I phone to my mother to see if I could get more information, but it seems every time I ask about them I get either a different response or rather no cooperation. My father, when he was around, never spoke of them so I didn't even know of them until I was in my teens and was semi-curious of them. However, today, I am more curious than ever as to where they are, what they are doing, and so many things to ask them. Mainly, I want to know, if my father treated them the same way he treated me....abandon basically and want nothing to do with me after a divorce. Yeah yeah, I know I am older now and some things I should get over, but you cannot help but wonder if some cycles just repeat themselves over and over.

Well speaking with my mother really didn't help at all. It's as if she is working against me to find them then for me. Why is that? Is there something they know that I do not? Do she not want me to find them and get to know them for a reason? She knows their name and everything and said she knows someone that knows their whereabouts, but she doesn't want to tell me where to start. Her response, "Where they at and what they doing don't have anything to do with me"? So what! What about me.....how about it matters to me. So now it makes me very curious. I have one brother supposedly in Florida now, and two sisters that are supposedly in the same city my mother is in. What makes this even worse is that I am a junior, but come to find out my brother has the same name as me so I guess I am not really a junior anymore huh?

Is it a waste of time to look for them and get to know them at this point of my life, or should I become more curious and start looking for them myself? Where should I start? How do you look for someone with very little leads? What do my readers think?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ty said...

I had the same problem trying to find information about my biological dad. It was a headache and was several years before I got the truth and/or any info. I remember they even told me he was dead. They did this for several reasons, some good, some bad but I persevered. End result is that my dad was actually glad that I reached out to him, especially since I wasn't asking for money. lol

bLaQ~n~MiLD said...

(No comment about your mother and her antics)

No it's not wrong for you wanting to find out about your extended family. Don't really know how you would go about doing it but if you have a name or something I guess there are avenues that you can follow.

~Damnit!

Promiscuous X said...

I definetly have to add your blog into my bookmark. We share similar views. Your previous posts hit close to home real hard. lol Good luck on your search. Tell your moms to stop blocking you from finding out the truth an tell you what you need to know lol. (of course in a nicer way lol).

the~enigma said...

Thanks for reading and respondin....hey I am hopin someone out there feelin me on what I write...but yeah I'm working on answers.....

SoFaReal said...

Naw, go for the things your heart yearns. You wanna find your siblings, do it. Like you say, it aint about nobody but you. You doin this to put your mind at ease, and hopefully fill an emptiness by complimenting yourself with love from your family...and hopefully when you find them, they will be receptive to having you as one of them. Theres plenty of channels for locating people. It will be if its meant to be...but youre not gonna find answers continuing to question what God has spoke to you to for-go. Take heed.