Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The After Party

My birthday was yesterday and I am now 27! I don't feel old, but man 27 years. I never thought that I would get to this point. It seem only yesterday I was in high school in the lunch room trying to figure out when I was going to get my diploma. Only yesterday when I was wondering during registration at an HBCU, when I was going to ever get my degree. Only yesterday when I wondering when I would move into my own place and do my own thing. Man I wish I could relive some of those days.

But I can actually say my birthday was great. Even though I did go ahead and go to work and my birthday landed on a Monday......it was cool. Many friends called me and wished me a happy birthday along with people I hadn't talked to in a long time. It was a good day. The people that mattered were the people I talked to.

At work, they got me a card and embarrassed me by singing happy birthday to me which was crazy. Well, I am going to keep this post short.

So I guess for this weekend, maybe I am going to treat myself by going out or something perhaps? Haven't done so in ages..........but just something to celebrate my happiness.

3 comments:

life said...

You are so right about the people who matter.

SoFaReal said...

Wow, did i not talk to you ton this day??? You could have told me it was your birthday. Thanks, friend!

Promiscuous X said...

Happy Belated birthday man.

Virgos unite. Let me find out we had the same mindset. I went to work on my bday aswll which happen to fall on a monday 9-22.

I hope you enjoyed it.